Sunday 19 July 2015

Maybelline Superstay - Better Skin? Let's Find Out!

Hello my loves!

I'm assuming by now that most of you have heard of the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin foundation. I did notice some American YouTubers talking about a new version in a lighter blue bottle, I don't know if that's a reformulated one or just a separate foundation. But here, we are talking about the original in the glass bottle with a dark blue pump.




The point of this little series is I want to test out the claims that it has. On the back it says "Better looking skin in 3 weeks", so let's find out if it works shall we? I'll talk about the foundation in its entirety first. I love that is has a pump and as you can see, I have used it a few times. I have the shade 010 Ivory, the lightest shade in the range. Like I have said it claims to have skincare properties that will help make your skin look more even and just better overall. I love that is has an SPF 20 in it too, but this means it's not too good for photography, because it will put a white cast over your face if you use the flash. 



For the lightest shade I think this is kinda dark and it has a definite orange tint to it which I really don't enjoy. I have cool undertones and this definitely doesn't match me perfectly but I find I can make it work as long as it's blended down my neck well. It's one of the thinnest foundations I own, but it's not too watery and blends into the skin pretty easily. It is targeted at normal skin, I have combination skin and find it works well on my oily areas, but clings to my dry patches. So I think it would work for oily girls, not so much dry girls. The coverage is light to light/medium, enough to even out my skin tone but definitely still need concealer on my blemishes. If you would like to see my first impression video, it's here.

Now prepare yourself for my face without any make up on:


I'm very break out prone, have a lot of redness across my cheeks and past break outs have definitely left hyper pigmentation on my face. I've been told I have flawless skin in my Instagram photos, but as you can see my skin is far from flawless. I will update every Monday for the next 3 weeks and we'll see if my skin progresses at all. I will not wear any other foundations! Wish me luck!

Thanks so much for reading,

WannabeMUA (Enya) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment